Discover Kirkland Lake

Dispute Resolution

There are a number of different sources of assistance and advice to people facing real estate related problems, such as landlord tenant disputes, property tax assessment, etc. The following list is by no means complete.


Landlord/Tenant Issues

Taxation and Assessment

  • Municipal Property Assessment Corporation provides municipalities with a wide range of assessment services, which includes preparing an annual assessment roll for use by a municipality in calculating property taxes. If you disagree with your assessment, you can appeal to MPAC for a reassessment. 
  • Assessment Review Board . If you are not satisfied with MPAC’s reassessment, you can apply to the ARB. The ARB is an independent tribunal of the Province of Ontario. Both the property owner and MPAC will be asked to appear at a hearing to present evidence to support their arguments.

Back to House and Home